Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: My first vehicle! 1956 CJ5

Flossy finally has floors!!! I just got the drivers side floor pan in tonight. Also made a bar along the rocker. Give me something solid to spot weld the sheet metal to and will double as a rock slider. I'm so fired up!!! Finally get to see what my jeep will look like without seeing through the floor!!

I must be getting used to welding because the spot welds actually turned out pretty decent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good 56. Your plug welds look really good. Well done for sure, no more Flintstone mobile.

Oh man she is coming together now! Good looking floor 56. It is amazing how much metal actually dissolves over time with rust. It looks like out with the bad in with the new!

Very nice little puddle welds!

Thank you so much guys!! I really appreciate the kind words! I'm happy with how it turned out for sure.

Just got in from the garage, as they say, late nights build legends.

I patched the hole in the rocker. It didn't look to rusted but I had to cut alot out to get to weld able steel. Got the patch in and it isn't to shabby for my first time flush wedding. Also started getting some floor braces welded in.
    Last edited by 56willys; 02-14-2024 at 12:11 AM.

You are making steady progress for sure 56'. That baby is coming right along. I always thank my grinder when I weld!

Your patch panel came out great. You took your time and it shows. Well done 56.

Thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I always thank my grinder when I weld!
    An angle grinders one of my most important tools on this build. (Second to this forum!) If it doesn't look right, hit it with the grinder and it looks great.

Finished welding the floor braces on the drivers side. Then flipped it over to start working on the passenger floor. In the meantime while we were rotating it, we set it down on the ground and i stood in my new floor pan for the first time. I'm pretty stoked because it held my eats way to much pizza self! Maybe it's stronger than i thought, haha!

All jokes aside I'm really starting to get prouder about this thing. Can't wait to drive it again.
    Last edited by 56willys; 02-18-2024 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pictures.