Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: My first vehicle! 1956 CJ5

Today I tried heating the high spot on the floor with map gas, then quenched with a wet rag. I did it a few times, and it's better but not perfect. But I did get it better, it's probably completely fine. I'm just bummed out since that's about the worst spot it could have happened. I'll just be forever reminded of my welding mistake every time I set something in the bed and hear the floor pop. But oh well I guess I'll add it to the list of flossy quirks.

Then I got the front of the tool box patched (pictures coming soon) . It just needs a little more welding then I need to get some new hinges for the lid, and the toolbox will be good as new.

We've had a guy come this past week to start taking down some trees by the house. And the whole time I'm hauling wood with the old garden tractor, that in high gear is a fast walking pace. I just keep thinking how much fun it would be to put flossy to work. An old willys would be the absolute most perfect tool right now, if only I had one.....
    Last edited by 56willys; Yesterday at 11:54 PM.

Don't fret the small stuff. It happens. On the M38A1 I did several years back, I got a whole lot cocky / impatient or both. The passenger floor was going together well, until it didn't. One corner pulled up pretty bad. I lucked out and had it happen to where no one on the top side would ever see it being within the tool box. But I know it's there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

56', like you said your "putting Flossy to work". That floor will work just fine and it ill probably always have something sitting on it!