Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: My first vehicle! 1956 CJ5

"Even outside of cars, if you haven't noticed my writing is not really superb!!"

I would take issue with that. Your writing is concise, well organized and grammatically acceptable to the forum in which it is being presented. In my real job years ago, I supervised a herd of engineers.

Some of the most talented engineers could not describe the process of pouring body fluids out of a boot and as a result, many of their great ideas and solutions would be passed over in favor of lesser ideas that were better described by another engineer.

The solution to that was to assign a great writer to help the brilliant engineer (and then to get both of them to admit that they were good at different things).

Keep on Jeepin' and keep on writing.

56, larrbeard is 100 percent correct in regards to educated idiots. I too work with engineering, and some of the most educated are punctuation illiterate. If you wouldn't have told us that you were in high school, we would have never of guessed it. The under thirty crowd can usually be spotted pretty quick with the shorthand abbreviations. You've gained a lot of respect from all of us for your well thought out questions. Keep up the good work and shoot for your ambition to teach. You'll be a good one.

Ya'll are way too good to me, I try to be humble and you guys make me feel like a genius. Oh man gm, a drill instructor for a teacher. Atleast he wasn't your gym teacher!

I've just been continuing welding the bed floor, trying to go slow and not get any warps in it. Nothing really too exciting happening.

gmwillys has taught us that one of the secrets to welding sheet metal pieces onto old metal is to do it like house training a puppy; piddle a little and move on. Piddle some more and move on... After a while, all of the piddles make a puddle (so to speak).

Good work!

That about sums up the process Chief.