Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: My first vehicle! 1956 CJ5

Agreed. That may become one for the bucket list for the Heep....Or a compromise would be the Heep O' Wagon for the family to go along.

I had an amazing time, that's for sure. I had never been west farther than Toledo/Detroit before. So it was awesome to see so much new country. Driving a willys or any antique car (I think getting a model T would be fun) across the country would be awesome. However it was a long trip even in an RV that can handle 75 mph. That trip Gm shared is really neat. I liked the picture of them at the corner in Winslow AZ. Since that was one town we just drove through. I agree woth Bob, a trip across America is a must. I was amazed at how much different terrain and scenery there was. We even traveled on Route 66 for a long ways, so that was neat.

Driving flossy cross country would be fun, now that I've experienced it without roadside repairs. It would be fun to take flossy out and do some roadtripping/roadside repairs.

Getting back into rust repair, I got this patch welded on the rocker. I haven't ground the welds yet since my brother is painting his truck frame. But it's completely welded so it will just need some cleaning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another good looking skin graph there 56'!

Thanks Bob! I am still by no means good at welding, but I'm getting better! By the time Flossy is done i'll be a pro and the next Jeep will be a piece of cake!