Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: My first vehicle! 1956 CJ5

That's a nice strong setup.

Looking good.

Hey guys just sharing the fact that today is exactly one year since I bought flossy. This first year of willys ownership has taught me so much and introduced me to some great people. Looking forward to many more years as a willys fanatic. And a lot more adventures with my cj5.

Awesome to have you here with us 56! You are going to love that old Jeep. The greatest thing is all the parts are out there to just keep it going for a long time.

Thanks Bob. I'm glad to be here too. I do apreciate the availability of parts. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it on the road till i die.

I had Flossy out for a nice cruise last weekend. Just joyriding the backroads by my house. Not entirely ready for the big scary roads with traffic and cops yet lol. But there was a super cool sunset and i had to test out the latest carb tune.
    Heres a link to a youtube video of the excursion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC2V8OW79F4&t=77s All in all i'm very pleased with how the old girl is running. It would pop when engine braking down a hill. I pulled plugs out and boy was it rich. So i leaned it out and played with timing. Now it goes down hills smooth as can be. Also i'm getting better and better at the whole driving/shifting thing. Didnt even stall it! (thats a first!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 56willys; 11-10-2023 at 12:13 AM.

Looking great 56! Flossy is looking good at sunset.

Taking Old Jeeps for a back road ride is probably the second best way to enjoy them (parades are first...). You are slow enough to enjoy the scenery and you don't have to dodge the fast traffic that wants to get somewhere in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    You are slow enough to enjoy the scenery..............
    Words of wisdom from you there Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Taking Old Jeeps for a back road ride is probably the second best way to enjoy them (parades are first...). You are slow enough to enjoy the scenery and you don't have to dodge the fast traffic that wants to get somewhere in a hurry.
    Agreed 100%!! Willys Jeeps love back roads. And they are a lot easier to drive. Under 35 there's a lot less wandering. Also less rpm, the hurricane likes that! I hope to get it in a parade in the future, show of the awesomeness.