Good Morning,
My name is Chris and over the past ten months I’ve been doing a frame off restoration of a ’51 CJ3A (serial 451-GB1 23480) with the help of the forum as a reference. I’ve now re-assembled the Willy’s with your help and had the Jeep running with good power and acceleration.

A month ago, my original 6V foot actuated starter finally gave up. I was replacing it with an IMI High Torque IMI-134-002 when I accidently bridged the High Voltage + terminal of the starter to the block with a socket extension (ugh).

Engine: Re-built L-134 (Compression in cylinders ranges between 100 and 110)
Fuel Pump: Facet Posi-Flo EFP-3 (Generating 2 psi of fuel pressure)
Carburetor: Solex 32PBIC single barrel downdraft
Starter: IMI-134-002 Gear Reduction starter
Distributor: Omix 12V Solid State (Kaiser Willys 923068)
Coil: Standard Motor Products UC15T (Resistance checks OK across primary and secondary coils)
Ignition cables: New 7mm High Temperature
Alternator: Delco 12V 3 Wire Configuration

Needless to say, this was the beginning of an electrical diagnostic journey which has led me to replace:

1) Both the terminal lugs (+ and -) at the battery. The current partially melted the negative lug resulting in an intermittent ground (that was a joy to find).
2) The ignition switch (intermittent continuity at the BAT terminal to the other posts)
3) The original coil and distributor ignition module. (Due care)

At this point all of my accessories (lights, horn, fuel pump, gages, dash light) all function normally again. My starter is cranking the engine nicely but it does not start with these symptoms:
1) Plugs are wet and I can smell fuel when cranking.
2) I’ve pulled #1 plug and have no spark.
3) I have 11.8 Volts between the positive terminal of the coil and BAT negative when cranking.
4) I’ve pulled the spark wire from the coil to the distributor and checked for spark to ground during cranking….no spark.
5) The resistance across the positive and negative terminals of this new coil is 3.9 ohms.
6) I’ve checked the resistance in my spark wires and plugs…all seem nominal.

I’m stumped and would appreciate any suggestions you all may have to restore spark to my plugs.

In Him,
Chris in Spring Hill, TN