Thread: Resto-mod 1958 CJ5

Hybrid View

56willys has given some good tips on how to make it feel much better at speed. Notice he is telling you it still isn't handling like a modern vehicle. I would at least perform these upgrades if I was even going out on the highway on a regular basis. In addition to those suggestions, a well designed roll bar welded to the frame would be mandatory. The driver must stay restrained in the seat, inside the roll cage.

About 45-50 MAX is the speed your Jeep was designed for. Stock, they require 100% attention at 50 mph.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-22-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    56willys has given some good tips on how to make it feel much better at speed. Notice he is telling you it still isn't handling like a modern vehicle. I would at least perform these upgrades if I was even going out on the highway on a regular basis. In addition to those suggestions, a well designed roll bar welded to the frame would be mandatory. The driver must stay restrained in the seat, inside the roll cage.

About 45-50 MAX is the speed your Jeep was designed for. Stock, they require 100% attention at 50 mph.
    Thank you everyone