Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resto-mod 1958 CJ5

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    First things first Welcome Jafopt!!!!
    Where are you located in Ohio?
    It might be a lot simpler to meet up and show and tell
    I’m north of Akron a little.
    That’s a Sweet and Very clean CJ-5 you are getting
    WOW not many left in that good of shape!!!
    Originally I’m from Canal Fulton but now live in the little known Houston, TX part of Ohio. I’ll only be in town for 24 hours (Tallmadge) to get it loaded on a covered transport. After which the seller and I will be heading to the Penn State game in Columbus. Maybe we can meet up at his house Thursday-Friday 10/19-20?
    Last edited by Jafopt; 08-02-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafopt View Post
    Originally I’m from Canal Fulton but now live in the little known Houston, TX part of Ohio. I’ll only be in town for 24 hours (Tallmadge) to get it loaded on a covered transport. After which the seller and I will be heading to the Penn State game in Columbus. Maybe we can meet up at his house Thursday-Friday 10/19-20?
    Sounds Good to me Jafpot
    Just pm me when your in town!!!
    Tallmadge is pretty close to me, I could probably be there in 10-15 minutes
    Last edited by TJones; 08-03-2023 at 05:22 AM.

Sounds perfect

The more I read through TJones resto mod posting, the more I think I should just leave it in Akron to have him and his cohorts do the work.

I think TJones could get it done for you..... if you bring enough of that money!

TJ has one heck of an eye for quality. His Jeep is absolutely stunning.

It sounds like you're thinking about a v6. But i saw this at a cruise-in last weekend and thought about your build. It looked to be a gpw body on what appeared to be a civilian jeep frame. Which isn't alot different compared to an early 5. If anything its tighter and harder to fit an engine. I believe the motor and trans mounts are the same from a flat fender to a 5. It had a small block chevy. With original T90 trans & Dana 18 T-case. Even stock axles and suspension. Which would be the same as yours. I never had a chance to talk to the owner to ask what kind of adapters and brackets etc. were used. I did like the idea to have a steel plate on the front of the engine going to the factory mounts on the frame. Which apeared to be the only motor mount. I think that design could be easily used for any engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another question. Based on the pics, it looks like there may not be AC in TJ's vehicle. Is there a floor mounted vent? How hard would it be to fit AC into mine with an engine that fills my needs?

Jafopt no air in mine, there is a vent in the windshield though.

Quote Originally Posted by 56willys View Post
    It sounds like you're thinking about a v6. But i saw this at a cruise-in last weekend and thought about your build. It looked to be a gpw body on what appeared to be a civilian jeep frame. Which isn't alot different compared to an early 5. If anything its tighter and harder to fit an engine. I believe the motor and trans mounts are the same from a flat fender to a 5. It had a small block chevy. With original T90 trans & Dana 18 T-case. Even stock axles and suspension. Which would be the same as yours. I never had a chance to talk to the owner to ask what kind of adapters and brackets etc. were used. I did like the idea to have a steel plate on the front of the engine going to the factory mounts on the frame. Which apeared to be the only motor mount. I think that design could be easily used for any engine.
    Thank you!