Thread: 12 Volt Battery for F134 ?

12 Volt Battery for F134 ?

So looking for thoughts on battery size/amps for this 54 Wagon F134. I was trying to keep the battery tray I had which will take a Group 25 series at 550CCA. Im in the south so not real bad winters. Will this be enough for this engine? Not really a whole lot of room on passenger side to go much wider on the tray considering where it's at either. It is a 12 volt.

Thanks for any feedback!

JW, it doesn't take much of a battery that's for sure, 550 CCA is definitely enough if you aren't loaded with accessories like lights and a winch for instance. I would go by dimension and post type\location. Pick the one that fits best. The battery type/size you currently are using is plenty. Here's a good chart.

https://batterycouncil.org/wp-conten...roup-Sizes.pdf

Here is a picture of mine. I used the dimensions to find a battery that closely matched the dimensions of the 6 volt it had prior. This is 650 CCA Group 24F and is plenty for a no accessories vintage Jeep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 05-05-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Here's a picture of mine. I got it with my jeep, It's an old Walmart cheapo. 650 CCA and it has never failed me. I even have a winch and have pulled other jeeps and trees, putting quite alot of strain on it. Sometimes even with the engine off and the battery doesn't care.

These little 134s have such low compression it doesn't take much to spin one over.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like Bmorgil and 56willys have said, the dimensions for the battery tray can be closely matched to the CCAs you would like to run. As you said, you don't need a whole lot for your region you operate. A group 24F is great for no extra accessories like a winch or a bunch of lights. 56willys runs a Wally World special, and that makes it real convenient if you need a replacement, especially when they were open 24 hrs. a day. I still run a 6 volt, but my local Wally World had one on the shelf.