Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rear axle

Lol. Yes you are correct. Gotta wash that taste out.

Hey another question. Back to axle stuff. Is there a final torque spec for the bolts that hold the backing plate on to flange?

On some of the bolts, there isn't a torque spec in "the book". You will have to go to the SAE table for the grade and size of bolt you are using.

https://www.engineersedge.com/torque..._sae_ftlbs.htm

Ok thanks. For some reason I thought I read or saw or heard a number for these bolts. And now I cant find or remember where I placed that or found that. And then again I may not have read it. Lol. Starting to think it's time to take a vacation.
    But anyhow the axle back up under the ole girl and almost complete. Just a few small things to do. And go for a drive.

We need pictures of that first ride Scott! You did see a specification for the backing plate bolts. 25-35 ft lbs is the factory spec. (33 ft. lbs. is the SAE spec.) it is in the last pages of the "Universal Manual".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 11-18-2023 at 06:54 AM.

There it is! I new I saw that somewhere, looked at so many pages through the course of this I lost track. And that the numbers i had in my head just wanted to reread to verify. Thanks for reassuring me I wasn't Losing my mind. Haha. Yeah see if I can get some pics on here later.
    I new I saw that page!!!

Well every thing back together brakes all adjusted greased up fluids full.... my assistant didn't clean my frig out to bad. And with all complete and a nice sunny day we said " we should take her out for a drive." Started it up, getting prepared while engine warms up.... did my walk around and "What's that leaking on the ground?" Gas! Fuel pump leaking. So no drive today. Will have to address that issue this week. May get a drive in before snow falls... saw a comment elsewhere in the forum about jeeps are never done. Apparently true.

Very true. Most of the time, just as soon as you fix one thing, something else presents itself.