Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bantam Jeep Heritage Fest 2024!!!

Wow guys, I make a joke about cooking. And you folks have real experience with eating oil meat! You guys never cease to amaze me. Thank goodness you guys didn't get seriously hurt from that. And bmorgil, I recommend taking your own smoker. And not letting me anywhere near your engine.

"Amen. To this day, I'm suspicious of other peoples cooking ability."

Don't say that in the kitchen or you might be served hot tongue, cold shoulder and have to eat a side dish of crow....

Oh man..... an angry cook! I think we all better know not to talk back in the kitchen! Something about biting the hand......

I'm much more fortunate now. My first two wives couldn't boil water. My bride now is a wonderful cook, so no complaints from the peanut gallery.

Flossy is officially registered for Bantam!! I even singed it up for trailriding (lets see if it holds together).

Even got insurance on the old girl, now if I can just finish that welding, and over drive, and shocks, and carb rebuild, and exhaust, and shock mounts, and weld the holes in the frame, and gauges, and wheel bearings, and hope it dosen't fall part then we'll be good to go!!

If any one is planning on coming to Bantam if you see Flossy feel free to say hi, I'll be there with a fleet of my Dads/friends jeeps.

You have a deadline now 56'! Please take lots of pictures for us, we live precariously through you! This sounds like you're headed for a good time.

Deadlines are good for the soul, from time to time. It would be nice to go up there to see the show, but it won't happen this year for us. As Bmorgil said, take lots of photos.

I set a deadline to have peeJ done in time for the Toledo Jeep fest that was coming. I had attended the prior one and decided I had to get in the parade. Then I had the added pressure of picking up Senior Chief LarrBeard for parade inspection. Lots of pressure for the first ride! I got it running down the drive the week before. I picked up The Senior Chief and she did OK. A little carb trouble, a little overheating but we got to the finish on time. The Senior Chief had to supply some "field experience" and a little driver instruction, but peeJ got it done!

I need a deadline to keep me motivated, otherwise it would be 3 more years before I finished this rust repair extravaganza. Sounds like you had a great experience with PeeJ and the Senior Chief! I will post lots pictures as well as have some videos on Youtube. Hopefully you guys will make it out here in the future, likewise I hope to get to Toledo at some point (it'll probably be a while).

Bantam has been kind of my lifetime show, I've been to every one they have had since day one. And ever since that 4 year old me went to the first event in 2011 i knew someday I just had to own one of those willys jeeps with those 3 neat looking shifters! (Actual quote of me having no clue what any shifter does, but they looked cool.) I never thought I'd actually own a willys anytime soon especially not before I was even old enough to drive it. (Bantam requires drivers to be 18) But here i am getting my very own willys ready for some trailriding! So yea, I've always had a sweet spot for Bantam.
    Last edited by 56willys; 03-05-2024 at 11:48 PM.

Excellent back story on the Bantam and your youth Paul! It looks like that dream of long ago is coming true. You are definitely going to enjoy what you have done. And you are very aware of what the 3 sticks are for now!