Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 1958 CJ-5 going on a 1972 Chassis

Here it is... I am sure I saw TJ laying under this with a camera. I wonder what hes up to next.... https://www.autoevolution.com/news/j...r-140771.html#

Willys Rat Rod.jpg

A gasser would be really cool, say a little 671 blower atop a 392 hemi with a Lenco. I had a crazy idea to get a fiberglass cj5 body and build a little drift jeep. With either a turbo rotary or an LS. Put some wide body fenders and some aero. Might be kinda cool!

Looking great TJ!

That there is a good use for the Jeep Commando, although they are starting to gain a slight bit of traction in the collector world... as long as it's a Hurst Commando.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazi...ily-since-new/

That is a Great Article gm, after reading through it I dug a little deeper into other articles about Jeeps and found this Gem that Bob may be able to relate too or may even know about!!!!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/automo...k-restoration/

Wow that is a great story. I did see the "unicorn" at the Jeep fest. One of a kind is for sure! I remember during that time my Dad bringing home various prototypes of the Jeeps. He was always testing out new power train ideas. I am sure there are more examples of factory one of a kind Jeeps out there.

I read that story through a Facebook post a while back. That would be a cool thing to have in the inventory for sure.

In thumbing around the interwebs, I came across this road race CJ for inspiration, although I question the effectiveness of the air to air intercooler;

https://appleton.craigslist.org/bar/...733103606.html

Definitely got the "approach angle" on the intercooler wrong! Hahaha, maybe the idea was it will be running with the front wheels way off the ground most of the time.

For Sure, I’m not a big turbo guy but isn’t the air to air have a purpose to cool and not just look pretty to operate correctly????
    I stick with the 6 and 871’s to make power!!!!

That extended cab gladiator is super neat. So glad it was saved. Many moons ago when I was a very young whipper snapper, the local vintage truck dealer had a crew cab J truck. That thing was really cool, being full four door. But it really needed a 6bt cummins....

That little willys hot rod is pretty cool, but the intercooler is not really doing anything. I can see if they were keeping the grill visible. But their sacrificing some horsepower, that's for sure.

For every good Jeep rat rod, there are an equal or greater amount of awful ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images