Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willys go-devil welder.

Willys go-devil welder.

Found this on Craigslist today, thought I would share it. Looks really cool. Vintage Hobart welder trailer powered by an L134. 500 bucks.

I would love to bring it home, but Toledo is a little too far. Nevertheless it's something cool to look/dream over.

https://monroemi.craigslist.org/for/...722505691.html

That's a great find at a good price. Even if you weren't interested in the welder, the engine alone would be a great to have in the inventory. The artillery wheels would be some good trading material too.

Wow right in my back yard! A nice welder there. I last saw a Hobart just like that, in action 5 decades ago. A workhorse for sure. Restored, that welder is as good as anything you will get today of the same size. It would be reliable and simple in today's world.

Hey Bmorgil, if it's close that would be a fun restoration. And finished would look mighty fine rolling into a car show with the 3a towing the welder!

Also just the novelty of welding your jeep with another jeep would be cool. I could be using it to reconstruct Flossy!

If it was a couple hours east, I'd be grabbing it In a heartbeat!

Good thinking 56! That would be sweet! The duty cycle on those old copper wound welders out work anything out there today.

"No more projects till I finish the ones I have" says the little misses! That would look sweet dragging along behind peeJ. gm is right, you could weld till your arm went numb and they wouldn't kick out. Around here you would see them in the flooded farm fields running as a generator, to keep pumps going for days on end.

I've said that a time or two, and so far I haven't bought anything new.... Never mind, I forgot about the Farmall.

One thing is for sure, if gm and TJ ever run out of projects..... rest assured the earth has stopped.

Yep, I can't even try to deny that sentiment. I'd be way too dangerous if I had the time to devote to busting out projects. Maybe this year Abalama will pass the lottery bill so we can be like the rest of the modern world and then maybe I could get lucky to win enough to retire from the arms race.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-05-2024 at 01:30 AM.

Better off saving those lottery ticket dollars. I have been playing the lottery most of my adult life. I played every powerball drawing for a couple of years. Now it’s just a couple of times a year plus a few scratch tickets in my Christmas stocking. I think my lifetime winnings are around $30.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A