Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching to Modern Locking Hubs?

Hybrid View

Switching to Modern Locking Hubs?

Any thoughts or reviews on what brands are out there to switch from these old lockomatics to a more modern locking hub? I have seen a few but curious if anyone has results with the Rugged Ridge brand and experience with others. After finding 2 different bearings on mine with different nuts, I can see why most just upgrade, but these were in good shape so was going to just try and keep them until now. Here are the 2 different roller bearings that came out. One with the special locknut , larger bearing, and one on the drivers side with smaller bearing using regular spindel nuts.

20240301_152216.jpg

I replaced an old set of Dualmatics with new Warns. Haven’t done any serious off roading with these but Warns I had on other vehicles never gave me any trouble.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Where did you find them available?

I don't think the parts for the old Warn hub locks are available anymore. It would be hit or miss with the internet searches. I had an original set that was really beat up. I could not find any parts.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1954WAGON View Post
    Where did you find them available?
    If you mean the new Warns, I bought mine at my local NAPA 4-5 years ago. They were also available on Amazon then. I haven’t looked recently.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Yeah, a lot of the 29062 Warn stock is out since then. I will keep looking

There are a few places that show they have some. I Googled "Warn 29062 hub locks for sale" and found a few.

https://goturbo.net/wrn-29062-warn-2...mount-set-of-2
    Last edited by bmorgil; 03-03-2024 at 04:54 PM.

The Warn units are still hard to beat. The 29062 is the one you need.

https://www.warn.com/premium-locking-hub-29062

Thanks for the tip! Any idea if that smaller bearing in the pic is available? It was installed with the 2 regular spindel nuts on drivers side and seemed to be an okay setup although I wasnt there when all this was done obviously. Was that a correct installation back then using a smaller bearing and the 2 spindel nuts?

I bought a set for my latest project on eBay for $175.00 but they weren’t Warn they were Mile Markers and they worked and looked Great!!!
    You just have to make sure they fit your year and axle splines.
    IMG_1595.jpg