Thread: "New" 1953 Willys project start

Post "New" 1953 Willys project start

Good day all, just helping to start a new restoration of a 1953 Willys. It's been sitting outside on a ranch for a number of years and told the engine was turned over about 4 years ago.
    So still in the getting things torn off, some cleaning and initial overview of it still. I don't believe it was covered much as it sat outside either.

Quite interesting to see this as compared to modern vehicles. Lots of items pretty easy to take off.

Looking forward to getting it running again.

One of the initial items since I'm told it should start is replace a few items related to the ignition. This has a pushbutton that was part of the ignition. Looks like it has rusted out and of course needs replacing. I've upload a pic of it and a shot from the back of the Jeep. Thoughts on the originality of it on the Jeep and if really needed. ?? Also did some quick searches with no hits. So looking for some ideas on a replacement.

Looking forward to the community here.

Thanks,
    Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have friend with a 1955 , completely apart....cj5 is what he has....I will look at how his worked....this may help some