Thread: Best way to transport a Jeep?

Hybrid View

Best way to transport a Jeep?

Hi, I'm looking for an economical way to transport my jeep from Colorado to Oregon. Any recommendations? Also, I'm open to "ride sharing". If someone needs a jeep taken to the Four Corners region from the West Coast, we might be able to work something out.

The best way would be to drive it if its a runner. If not you could always rent a trailer but you are traveling through some mountains. I got mine from the foothills of the Sierra Nevada's and the brakes on my minivan (no jokes please) were screaming by the time I got down. Best if you have a vehicle made for that. Also got the snow to deal with. If I was towing I would wait until spring. You could have it shipped. I had a car shipped from Germany to US east coast for $700. I guess it all depends on how much time and money you have.

I'm not having luck posting today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I really can't beat $700 when you think of round trip behind a Ford F250 or even fly out, drive it back.
    It runs, but I just had an engine swap and I'd rather a shorter shake down cruise.

Sad story; I bought it from some old guy that was dying of cancer. He'd bought it with a recently rebuilt engine. Anyway, I was on my way to DMV when the rebuilt engine packed up. I figure there may have been a blockage in the oil line. There wasn't anything to do. I was moving, so I left it off with a Willy's enthusiast to try to find a motor for me. It should be ready by May.

The pic above was taken a week before we drove down to the DMV. Trips to the hay field were our shake-down cruises. My wife pictured here.

Well you've got some time. Shop around for a good reputable shipper. I remember from the few cars I have purchased brand new that destination shipping was $600. You could probably find a private shipper for even less. Did you get any word on what kind of motor your friend is looking at? Just curious.

Did an internet search and found this site. You could give it a try.
    Last edited by 1948 Cal Willys Pickup; 01-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.

We have a member that lives in Colorado and has a willys ,he has owned it for 38 years to be exact , maybe move there and ride in the mountains with that guy, he knows the area.....I would if I liked the cold, lol