Thread: first time willys owner! help

first time willys owner! help

Good afternoon my names ray langley from southern Mississippi, I recently pucked up my 56 willys 4x4 jeep for 700 bucks was it a good deal? And can someone tell me what I've got as far as engine front and rear ends and did mine come with a pto winch? Any advise will be helpful. Plan to restore it . Things it needs are the rear end rebuilt, new starter, front end rebuilt, gas tank and new brakes

Quote Originally Posted by rays56willys View Post
    Good afternoon my names ray langley from southern Mississippi, I recently pucked up my 56 Willys 4x4 jeep for 700 bucks was it a good deal? And can someone tell me what I've got as far as engine front and rear ends and did mine come with a PTO winch? Any advise will be helpful. Plan to restore it . Things it needs are the rear end rebuilt, new starter, front end rebuilt, gas tank and new brakes
    Welcome to the club Ray. Need a bit more info to be able to answer your questions. What type of jeep is it? The best thing is if you can post some pictures of it. If you like fixing things you will enjoy your "new" Willys.

Welcome ray , sounds like a great deal and tons of fun coming your way , as for knowing what motor , and axels you have I recommend you study and search on the units and find serial numbers to have when asking about parts, when I joined about 5 months ago I was so new that everything I asked about didn't mean anything to me or did it make sense until I learned more and more about my new / Old Jeepster....now it is fun to me when someone suggest something I have a little know how while reading and can't wait until I am in the shop to compare....lol....good luck on you project, jesse