4 57.14%
  • Station wagon

3 42.86%
  • Panel wagon

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Pick Up / Station Wagon Problems & Solutions

Post Pick Up / Station Wagon Problems & Solutions

Hi, this'll be a spot for all the 46-64 Pick up truck, station wagon, and panel van to ask questions and hopefully add Insite.

"Hello. I'm am a new member to the site. Just picked up a 1956 Willys P/U. It has a pretty strong '82 Buick v6, with original tranny, transfer case & axles. I am beginning to inspect the truck more thoroughly. First item is the rear end. The rear passenger side tire had a wobble. Upon inspection it looks like that although the differential was rebuilt, the key way pin at the drum was not reinstalled correctly. As you can guess, its somewhat a mess. My question is that I'm not sure if it is worth me trying to save and rebuild or purchase new. I have an opportunity to pickup a Wagoneer rear end ($400). Thoughts? FYI This truck will not be a pure restoration project." Thank you Bob

Rear diffs are are so cheap and plentiful swap it out with something more dependable especially since you are rebuilding and not restoring. Got a dana 60 on my rear. Chevy 250 straight 6 up front. This beast can pull anything.

Great. Thanks. I'll look into that and keep informed.

Hi ---I have a 54 wagon that I have had for 18 months runs well . Have made few repairs to brakes suspension
    54 Willys au