Thread: Scott1955,57,58

Scott1955,57,58

Scott from upstate NY.
    Last edited by Scott A. Kirk; 05-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Welcome to the forum. You are starting now and will be done by June...thats impressive. I have a 48 Pickup that I am rebuilding. Right now I have the frame repairs done and its at the media blaster for blasting and powder coating. Its been about a year now and I have much left to do. You must have a lot of time on your hands. In reference to your 58 wouldn't it be easier and maybe cheap in the long run to find a decent cab? Just curious as I have seen all kinds of donors over the inter web.

Wow you have some great resources. Most important though is probably that friend. Hate to say it but I'm winging it. Getting close to retiring from the Air Force so will have more time then.

Wow love the pics. You have a lot of work on that cab. Thanks for your service as well. We are playing war games right now which are driving me crazy. My frame is ready for pickup but I don’t have time to get it. If you are not powder coating you can try a KBS coating. I tried their stuff on my front axle. It’s a lot like POR15 but cheaper, does better in the sun and comes in multiple colors. It’s also self leveling so you can brush it on. Works even better when you media blast first. I don’t work for the company just had a good experience with their product. I have not checked out Willys America (I think), but I will here in a sec. Kind of bored on this 12 hour shift. I'm sure you know what I mean. When I get the frame back I will post some picks and start putting things back together. Good luck with that cab.

Got my frame back last night. I will post a pic or two. What is that box on the firewall? My truck didnt have that. Is that a battery box or something and is it original?

Love the roof rack on the frame hehe. The heater core in my 48 was mounted under the dash. I bought a "new" one I want to rebuild to put in. Love the old systems. They are so simple and effective.