Thread: 1940 Willys Jeep

1940 Willys Jeep

My name is Jamie and I'm 23 years old and live in Idaho, which is a whole lot of nothing but plenty of land to run around in a Willys!! Recently got my hands on a 1940 (well that is what the title says, but Willys didn't go into production until 1941, so as far as that is concerned I am puzzled) Willys. It is far from original as it no longer has the original engine, but it will do what I want it to do. I just want it to run well and be a fun vehicle to take fishing, camping, hiking, etc. My dad has a 1953 MB that I remember taking out into the desert as a kid and having a ton of fun in, and that's what I want to do in this one as well.

Replaced all of the wheel cylinders last week so I finally have brakes! Seeing as I am a girl and not very knowledgeable this is quite the undertaking, but so far so good. You should see some of the looks I've gotten running around in this thing! And so many comments. It's been great so far and I'm looking forward to many years of fixing it up and making memories in it! Any advice is more than welcome! I'm sure I'll need it!

jeepin.jpg

It's first outing since buying it!

Thats awesome and girls in Jeeps rock!

Looks like you're having fun .
    I need to do my brakes too .

Hi Jamers08 ---- looking at your jeep photo to me it looks to be a cj2a 1946 on telling signs are outside fuel filler headlights on outside of grill windscreen is from a latter model . Looks good hope you have fun with it
    54willysau