Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I am new to the site

Hi I am new to the site

Hi I am new to this site. I am sure I will receive much information on my new old Willey's jeep. I just bought what I think is a 1964 Willey's but checking the numbers it could be a different year. I am sure to get help here. And nice to meet all of you. Chaz

Hi Chaz, welcome to the forum! If you would like to post some photos of your Willys Jeep and the serial number you have we can try to help you.

thank you very much I will do that if I can figure out how to. I am not the greatest on the computer skills. I can post the serial number it is as follows: 57548 154461 thanks for your help

Hi Chaz, your CJ-5 might possible be a 1962 or 1963. The information on 1962-1964 serial numbers is pretty scarce. I will keep looking for you. If you have any other questions in the meantime let me know!

Hi Amy You have helped already for I thought it was a cj3b and not a cj-5. Thanks for your help and hope to get the pictures on soon. If you find anything else out please let me know. Like is the Willey's rare for that year, etc. Thanks again.

Welcome to the site. I wish I had some of the pictures of my old CJ5, back then everything was on film so they got lost after we moved a few times

CJ-3B vs. CJ-5

photo-2.jpg The red Willys Jeep is a CJ-3B with flat fenders and a high hood. Finished-2.jpg The black Willys Jeep is the CJ-5 with curved fenders.

Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by AmyB View Post
    photo-2.jpg The red Willys Jeep is a CJ-3B with flat fenders and a high hood. Finished-2.jpg The black Willys Jeep is the CJ-5 with curved fenders.
    My jeep is like the red one CJ-3B. Are they more rare than the CJ-5? Sorry if I sound like I do not know much about jeeps but this is my first one. I have other cars like a 1967 427 Camaro and a 1946 Pontiac but like I said this is my first jeep to restore. Thanks again. Chaz

Hi All,

New here too. A friend just gave me an old Willys and we're trying to identify it. I think it's a CJ-5. The serial number reads 8305 164878. Attaching a couple of pics.

Dave
    DSC00407.jpg
    DSC00412.jpg

i am no expert on the CJ# jeeps. i have studied the trucks a lot more. but that looks to me like a CJ5.

i wish i had friends giving away old jeeps. good score mate.