1949 Willys Station Wagon 4x463, Stolen engine and drive train, need your help.

Trying to solve a crime of the "switch-a-rue" need technical data.

The engine is an F4-134 I believe, casing number#806279-W-13-D-AR CU CR. This engine number #130070, (this may be an incomplete number as it is difficult read if there is a prefix prior to the digits I can read) is stamped on the engine block above the water pump. Can anyone please tell me as to what year and vehicle this motor came out of. My understanding is that this stamped number tells you the year and model of vehicle the engine was originally installed. And also corresponds with the VIN tag of the vehicle.

And if you know the answer to the above, than perhaps you may also know what would have been the engine casing number of the originally installed L4-134 engine and stamped engine number in a 1949 Willys StationWagon 4x4.

Your assists would be greatly appreciated.

Randall Thomas Vonleuthardt
28325 County Rd 10
Ashby, MN 56309
651-707-2472
roadbum@hotmail.com

Above is the original posting, And I received a reply from "Derek Redmond" from Kingston, Canada. His reply as follows:

Sorry Randall, all I can tell you is that F-head engine numbers stamped above the water pump in a CJ-3B had a 4J prefix, and engine number 4J130070 would have been from 1956.

You may be able to get more information by posting your question on the CJ-3B Bulletin Board or one of the other Willys forums listed at the bottom of that page. Typically you have to create an account for a forum before you can post.

Good luck.

Derek Redmond
"The CJ3B Page" at http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B
Kingston, Canada

A piece of the puzzle solved! If anyone can provide further detailed info, Please do so. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.