Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello from Texas! Proud new owner of a 54 CJ3B with 73 running gear (DANA30, AMC20, T15, DANA20. The PO had this work done as well as installing a 302)
    Willys obsessed and I look forward to talking with and learning from you all and I welcome all comments.

Welcome. Do you have any pics of your ride?

Not yet. I`ve got er in the shop. Flat towed and hit a bump. Fell into 4low and front drive shaft exploded taking out the t-case, bellhousing, and cracked the transmission case. This is all work I could do but Ive nowhere to do it at cuz I`m here for work and in my 5th wheel.
    Good news is, I`ll have fresh parts to tear up! Haha!

Now you can put some really beefy Tcase in it...I had a79 CJ7 with a granny gear T18 gearbox...bullet proof...I was less than happy with the Dana Model 20 Tcase, though...the low ratio was a little light...I wish it had been around 3.0:1 of deeper...I too had the Amc 20 diff out back with 3.55:1 open gears...I blew the crap out of it when the engine wound up and the tires hooked up at the same time...the weak link exploded....I had a 350 Chevy up front...perfect fit and sparkling performance...I feel your pain !