I buy the cheap, clear plastic filters in bulk for most everything I run around the house and the Heeps. There is a disabled guy who sets up in a parking lot of the local feed store, and he sells them dirt cheap, so I stock up. I like the Dorman filter that you presented. It would work rather well for capturing just about anything that could cause you headaches, plus being stainless steel mesh, you could reverse flush the filter to clean it for reuse. To answer your question about being a restriction, no. It shouldn't slow down the flow much if any at all. There is different schools of thought on here about fuel pump rates psi. The new or modern replacement fuel pumps have been found to put out 5 to 7 PSI, but the Go Devil and Hurricane only require 1.5-2.5 psi to be happy. Often a fuel regulator is installed to reduce the psi down to the proper level. That is OK in the grand scheme of things, but in my warped sense of being, it is a band aid approach. With a well tuned and adjusted carburetor, the higher end of the spectrum of 5 to 7 psi is reasonable to manage. If your needle/seat and float in the carburetor are in a serviceable condition, then the extra fuel pressure isn't enough to upset the carburetor. With that being said, a perfect carburetor is becoming scarce. Most of the Carter carbs have led a rough existence, and the tolerances are loose. There are brand new aftermarket Solex carbs available, but there are horror stories about the build quality, and then the ability to properly tune the performance. The Solex are notorious for either having issues with top end performance, and poor fuel economy. You can purchase a Carter, but the price is twice to three times higher than the Solex. On our 2A, I am running an aftermarket mechanical fuel pump from Advanced auto, or whoever could get me one in a pinch at the time. Then the carb is an old crusty Carter that looks like hell, but works like a new one. To be fair, I have not checked the output pressure from the pump, but it does move fuel rather quickly when I forget that the gas gage float is out of adjustment and reads an 1/8 of a tank high.