Thread: New Willys Jeep owner

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jallen1795 View Post
    Welcome Doug, I am a new member also trying to find proper navigation through the forum. Sounds like an awesome jeep!! Don't know if I am comfortable suggesting anything, being new and all but, no in harm in thoughts. I am all about the more original the better minded. Kaiser I'm sure has the parts to sustain your 24 volt systems. Tough call. My jeep was already converted to 12 volt when purchased and recently had to replace the alternator which has a built in regulator and diode bridge. $60 dollars for a Delco Rem alternator. No volt regulator, compatible 12vdc through out. I do not plan on selling my jeep so I need something, maintenance friendly and my 12v systems do that. If more original it is, the more value it holds. I sure the ultra enthusiast would agree and keep it 24. Have fun with your new toy. I know I am. Everytime I go into my garage, even on a bad day, I smile when I see my jeep. Respectfully Jim
    Thanks for the input Jim. My system is mostly 12-volt already with a few exceptions that I'm trying to figure out. I was able to find a wire that accidentally fell off while replacing some frayed and spliced wiring. Once I found out where that wire came from, my Jeep started again! Huge relief as you may imagine. I am taking it to a Automotive Electrical shop this week to have them diagnose why I'm putting out 18+ volts to the battery. After that is fixed, I will work on other details to my liking. Good luck with your project, they are a lot of fun!