Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
Yes, I bought a new speedometer and gauge cluster. I wired it like it showed. There is a jumper that goes from the fuel gauge to the temp gauge that supplies 12 volts. It already had an electronic sender. I can run a jumper from the sender side to ground and the gauge doesn't move, but then if I tap on it some, it will move up to about 1/4 so it seems to be stuck. Unhook the jumper and tap and it will go back to low. Another thing that happened was that I was hooking up my lights and trying to get that all straightened out and noticed when I had the lights on the fuel gauge would work better. The battery was a little low and it was getting under 12 volts with the lights on, so I'm thinking the problem with the fuel gauge is too much voltage.
I'm working with too many Jeeps here. I had you with a CJ-2A yesterday. Your temp gauge is indeed an electrical gauge.

Ask Mike if your cluster needs a voltage reducer to work on a 12-volt system. I am still suspicious of "works on 6 and 12-volt systems"