Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1970 Jeep J-200

Route 3. The one you choose when the first two wont do! That usually means some blast of creativity. Yeah, but if I just put this over here... Lol. Keep truckin

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Route 3. The one you choose when the first two wont do! That usually means some blast of creativity. Yeah, but if I just put this over here... Lol. Keep truckin
    That's a fact lol. For now I have decided to leave it where it sits and work around it. For rock crawling it is better to have it high and out of the way.

So only solve it if it needs to be solved. That's good thinking.

Not much progress these past few weeks. The day before the 4th lightning struck close to my house and blew up a bunch of stuff and then last week we had a heck of a storm that caused some wind and hail damage. Allstate is really loving me at the moment lol. We did manage to go out and do some wheeling this past weekend. Went to Wind Rock OHV park up in TN.

https://youtu.be/af6kDRxj3CY

Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Trailabite View Post
    We did manage to go out and do some wheeling this past weekend. Went to Wind Rock OHV park up in TN.
    When you're stuck between a rock and a hard place - get on the gas and just blast out ...

We did manage to go out and do some wheeling this past weekend

Yes. Yes you did.

You know you married a Jeep girl when the last thing you hesr before you hit the gas is "go ahead, just break it honey"

Love the video! Nice job on the throttle, way to slingshot and run!

When in doubt, hit the gas! Great job!

Unfortunately, the next obstacle wasn't so friendly lol. This was a pretty nasty trail, one that I really should not have been on but..... I don't have any pictures of the attempt but, I hit the rocks hard enough that I think the computer thought it was in an accident. The engine light came on, it wouldn't shift into gear and would die. I would let it sit for about a minute and it would start back up and after moving the shifter a few times it go into gear and about after 10 feet it would shut down again. Took a little while to get out of the trail. Once I got it back on level ground and let sit for about 15 minutes it ran fine and I was able to make the 4 hour drive home the next day.

This particular obstacle caught both sides of my jeep at the same place and at the same time. Basically it bent my sliders up into my rocker panel and has pushed the rear of both front doors up just a little. Just enough so that they pop open when you push the button to open them. I'm hoping that I can hammer the rocker panel down enough to relives the stress on the doors and then I i'll put some new armor over the rocker panels to hide and protect what's left lol.

Here you can see how high it pushed up:

IMG_2826[1].jpg

IMG_2827[1].jpg

You are using that Jeep man! This takes me back to days with the local California 4 wheeler clubs and the Rubicon.