Thread: New member here with a new to me Willys Jeep

Hybrid View

If you need another opinion, I "third" the notion. Willys-Overland in Toledo was a huge Jeep parts dealer, but he had to get out of the pieces and parts business just as I was starting on the '48 Project. I bought a bunch of stuff from him and I'm not sure whatever happened to all the warehouses and yards of stuff he had collected.

BMorgil and I looked his display over closely. If I remember correctly, he has put together set of gauge parts and chassis jigs that he uses to move holes to the right places.

You will pay for his services, but things will come a lot closer to fitting if you get them from him.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    If you need another opinion, I "third" the notion. Willys-Overland in Toledo was a huge Jeep parts dealer, but he had to get out of the pieces and parts business just as I was starting on the '48 Project. I bought a bunch of stuff from him and I'm not sure whatever happened to all the warehouses and yards of stuff he had collected.

BMorgil and I looked his display over closely. If I remember correctly, he has put together set of gauge parts and chassis jigs that he uses to move holes to the right places.

You will pay for his services, but things will come a lot closer to fitting if you get them from him.
    Jay REALLY likes Cash, I worked a deal with him and took a trailer and cash. He is only a couple hours from me in Akron so it worked out nice.
    The tub was from the Philippines as ALL the rest are but like Larry stated he puts them on a jig and welds up all the misplaced mounting holes and re-drills them where they are supposed to be and I'm telling you it fit perfect.
    I had him leave out the miscl. holes (brake pedal,clutch pedal and throttle cable just to name a few) bc I was going to cut it up and change a lot of things to my vision of what I wanted to end up with.
    All and All it came out pretty close to what I imagined it would.