A. You have a good looking CJ 2 there.

B. "so I ***u me d " ... Hmmm, as we have all found out with our Jeep adventures, assuming has led us down interesting paths.

C. Your start-up went unusually uneventfully. I'd get fresh fluids everywhere; oil especially and then check out the differential, transmission and transfer case fluids. They can tell you a lot about the innards of those boxes.

D. The one that is on the jeep does not have the glass bowl and has a solid metal top. I was wondering if it needed to be primed or something. No, the pump does not need to be primed - it pulls a strong suction from the tank and after just a few seconds of the engine running it should be pulling fuel down the line.

E. You are the second (maybe third) case of bad fuel pump in the last month. They don't sit well at all - old gas eats up the little rubber diaphragms and check valves in there. The single action pump will get you going so you can check out everything else.

F. Brakes - don't slack on brakes. Getting it running is nice, but getting it to stop is critical. As that phone commercial said; "If the brakes don't stop it, something else will." Not a good solution.

G. And, do not be surprised as you start to drive it that you get drips and drops from transfer case, transmission and differential seals or even the rear main seal. That is a trademark of old Jeeps. They mark their territory.

It looks nice - you got a winner there.