Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hodakaguy M38 - Pics and Misc Thread.

Continued from above....

Assembly cleaned.

With the oil filter re-installed we removed the drain plug on the bottom of the filter and cranked the engine over without starting it to ensure we have oil flow/pressure. Oil quickly drained from the filter assembly indicating the oil pump is working like it should be...perfect! The oil looks dirty here as we basically flushed the old oil out of the oil lines in this process.

Next up was to clean the oil bath air cleaner.

Removal is pretty quick. Remove intake and snorkel hoses.

Continued below.....

Continued from above....

Then remove the vent lines attached to the rear of the filter housing and remove the filter assembly.

To clean the filter remove the lower oil bath reservoir, drain and clean the unit out.

Continued Below....

Continued from above....

Then remove the internal screen cartridge from the main filter assembly. This unit is full of a wire wool material. Flush this unit with gasoline or solvent then blow dry. Refill the unit with fresh oil and re-assemble.

Installing a new snorkel hose. The original snorkel is starting to crack and is needing replacement. With a new hose in hand its time to swap it out.

Continued Below.....

Continued From Above....

Out with the old.

Old vs New.

And new installed.

Continued below.....

Continued from above...

Drained the ancient fuel out of the tank and wiped the bottom out, then put in 5 gallons of fresh ethanol free fuel.

Received my small rechargeable speaker today for the Jeep. I saved an audio clip of some military artillery radio chatter to an SD card then installed the card in the speaker. Now we can hide the speaker under the radio in the back of the Jeep and when people are walking around it at shows they will hear radio chatter that seems to be coming from the Jeep's radio unit. Pretty cool effect.

Here's a quick video of the speaker in action.

https://youtu.be/rZdOyywWppU?si=zTs6GDw78Qq5gGA7

Now we are waiting on our carburetor diaphragms to arrive and a few other small bits.

More to come.....

Hodakaguy

Continued from above...

Drained the ancient fuel out of the tank and wiped the bottom out, then put in 5 gallons of fresh ethanol free fuel.

Received my small rechargeable speaker today for the Jeep. I saved an audio clip of some military artillery radio chatter to an SD card then installed the card in the speaker. Now we can hide the speaker under the radio in the back of the Jeep and when people are walking around it at shows they will hear radio chatter that seems to be coming from the Jeep's radio unit. Pretty cool effect.

Here's a quick video of the speaker in action.

CLICK HERE: https://youtu.be/rZdOyywWppU?si=XxvEVjrVznVFwYG8

Now we are waiting on our carburetor diaphragms to arrive and a few other small bits.

More to come.....

Hodakaguy
    Last edited by Hodakaguy; 05-09-2024 at 11:51 PM.

Fantastic. The speaker sounds pretty good, and will make for a good effect.

You are truly getting the full experience with that rig Hdk! That is a great toy to have around that's for sure. That baby is pristine. You are doing an excellent job of keeping it perfect. I would expect a lot of people will gather around that one! I am sure the guy's here will agree, that's a concourse restoration there. That video is great.

That "Bluetooth idea" was a great one gmwillys! That is a nice touch for the spectators. I think LarrBeard would agree, I bet those boys back then wish the radio signal transmission and reception was that clear!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 05-10-2024 at 06:57 AM.

WOW!!!!
    That is Amazing HDK on what you have and what you’re doing!!!!
    I think what amazes me most is the Size and Clarity of your pictures
    How in the world did you get them that big and crystal clear??

It's odd to me that with all the technology that's out there, the radios that we install today are Vietnam era technology with some updated receivers, (probably 90s). There are some digital platforms that tag along, but they are more for the preventing of friendly fire. I suppose they save the satellite band width for the aircraft and the upper echelon.