Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: ***My 1944 GPW/1945 MB (Sympathetic) Restoration!***

I forgot a pic. 1-1/8” bore on the rears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am pretty sure that's a Wagner casting number on there. You may want to drop them a line and see if they can cross the FD-18282 to a finished part and application. I am seeing star wheel adjusters and other things that make me think 1960's era brakes.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-10-2024 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I am pretty sure that's a Wagner casting number on there. You may want to drop them a line and see if they can cross the FD-18282 to a finished part and application. I am seeing star wheel adjusters and other things that make me think 1960's era brakes.
    Good eye! I forgot to post a pic of the other side that says Wagner Lockheed! That’s a good idea. I didn’t think about contacting them directly. Hoping my local NAPA has an old book (though they’ve probably thrown them all away by now…)

MikeP they look the same as what I put on my 52CJ when I put 11” brakes on it and they came off a “46-64 pickup”!!

IMG_2372.jpg
    Last edited by TJones; 06-11-2024 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Add a picture

Just remember the number "cast" on the part is the "Casting Number". This casting could and probably did make several different parts when machined or "finished". Sometimes the actual part number of the part is very close to the casting number, sometimes it isn't.

Thanks guys for the replies! I ended up stopping by Napa and they were able to cross ref and it came up as ‘75 CJ5 front left (among others.) It matched physically so I took it home one bolted it on.

Took apart a front brake to find those cylinders are 15/16” bore? I always thought you were suppose to have the bigger cylinders on the front???

Anyway, I’m going to see if Napa has the “front” ones today and I will report back! It looks like I can swap them end for end as the only thing different is the bore sizes?

Fun stuff!