Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: ***My 1944 GPW/1945 MB (Sympathetic) Restoration!***

I also rebuilt the parking brake as it had a busted return spring. It seemed to work but I knew it would ring and drive me nuts if I left it. I had a heck of a time with that yolk. It was really stuck to the shaft so much I had to make a little puller to get it removed!

The biggest news though is that with the help of my lovely assistant (wife!) we braved the 95 degree heat this last weekend and dragged the Jeep down to the lower shop with the old 8N to get the engine plopped in her! And of course I forgot to take forum friendly landscape mode pics because I’m an idiot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome progress Mike. Don't fret the photo direction. It happens to us all from time to time. The parking brake is a bugger, but when it is all adjusted just right, you'll wouldn't want to live without it. Mine holds tight even on the side of a mountain trail ride, and it has helped me get out of a jam or two.

I am with gm all the way! That baby is coming along fantastic. The parking brake works amazingly well when you get it all set up as gm said. Mine will really hold tight. Forget to raise that anchor, and even in low that E-brake will drag the motor right down. I had a picture issue just the other day. Forgot to take it in landscape... I just love the 8N motor drops, they way its was done man!

You have a body, a motor and a place to sit. Who needs fenders, a hood, grill and whatever else? Take it for a ride as is!

You will get waves and hollers!

That last picture, with my favorite light hanging from the ceiling, needs to go in the photo contest. Great shot!

Thanks guys! I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon and into the night throwing more stuff at it!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    You have a body, a motor and a place to sit. Who needs fenders, a hood, grill and whatever else? Take it for a ride as is!

You will get waves and hollers!
    Funny you should say that…

(Hopefully this works!)

https://youtube.com/shorts/biAqwDbFN...TAnEDTPN8NtAv6

That's just fantastic! Runnin' like a sewing machine!

Yeah man I was pretty jazzed! Runs down the road pretty good for just having a baseline tune on it! Here’s an in car.

https://youtu.be/Hf1YY5AE-B8?si=21EjytqVGCF8plgj

We took it down the road but my wife forgot to record, ha! My hat flew off so we had to go back and get it and took a loop around the house.

You are definitely enjoying that purchase! Loosing your hat in your Jeep is a rite of passage.