Thread: Late Summer Car Shows

Late Summer Car Shows

Late summer shows can be a throw of the dice. It can be very hot, afternoon thunderstorms and depending on location - critters that bite you.

But yesterday, all of the spots lined up and we took the '48 to the local VFW for a show. It was a warm day, a nice breeze and as always in Indiana - when you are close to a corn field - swarms of Tassel Flies.

For folks who don't know them, Tassel Flies are little winged critters that just buzz around you, walk around on you and drink the sweat off your arms and legs. They do not bite, just walk around and tickle.

And, in addition to the '48, there was the most immaculate Ford Model A I've laid eyes on. One of us should have been People's Choice, but a hot rodded '41 Plymouth took honors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow that is a clean old Ford! Before my Dad went to Korea in 50', he had one just like that. Same color! Definitely two good looking rides there Larry.

Love that model A! My dad had a ‘29 Sedan that he restored when I was a little kid. I remember going for a ride on a seat laid across the frame rails once he got the chassis back together! He had a 3lb Folger’s coffee can screwed to a piece of wood for the temp gas tank, ha!

Nice looking Jeep too!

That is a great Model A, almost as good as Ham's.

Both rigs look great! Gotta squeeze in as many shows as possible before that white stuff falls.

Here's some photos of how I spent my weekend, I helped a friend get a bunch of cars (most of which are pictured) down to a nearby racetrack for a Boss Mustang reunion. Which was an amazing show plus they had a go cart track which I actually placed first at! But the best thing, the Lady hosting the event let me race her 2013 Mustang Boss 302 on the autocross track. So that was an incredible experience and my first time doing any high performance driving. I actually laid down some pretty respectable runs but mostly just had fun and managed to not wreck someone else's 450 horsepower Mustang. I had it sideways a couple times and got it up to decent speed, and handled some really tight corners. It was an absolute blast!!

Good going '56! I might have to challenge you to a go kart race, but be warned, I don't race clean with other people's equipment. Great job auto crossing a Mustang without becoming a crash video! Well done indeed.

"I don't race clean with other people's equipment"

Drive it like you have a sponsor!

Hahaha! "Drive it like ya stole' it" is the phrase of old.

Heck, I don't run my stuff nice either... If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    Attached Images Attached Images