Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

I realize this isn't the norm, however last fall my neighbor was selling his 2006 Chevy Silverado (which he purchased new, so this is a one owner truck) after it failed state inspection due to severely rusted frame. He asked if I was interested and at the time, "no". However recognizing it as a screaming deal, said "while I'm not interested, I'm certain a friend of mine will be". And without seeing the truck he was willing to pay $700 for a 2006 4x4 extended cab 5.3 automatic that runs and drives 88,000 miles.......... Have you ever passed up an opportunity in life and then wished you could have a "do over"? Yup, this is one for me......... I still don't have a need for this, however it was a missed opportunity for sure.

That's my problem, the rust ranch has been full of good deals that I didn't pass up. Usually, I'll find a home for it later on or scrap it if the value is greater than the salvage metal or resale worth is of the pile. At one time I had five Jeeps and a M151A2 MUTT with three being M38A1s that were utilized to build one, and one that was too good to cut up. Currently, I have the long-suffering wagon project that is patiently awaiting its turn again, and a crusty Craigslist Ford industrial loader tractor that hasn't made its way inside yet to troubleshoot to see if the engine is really stuck or not. Other than that, the inventory is pretty well cleaned out.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    "We can set you up in an LS that's for sure."

Is that one still sitting by your back door?
    That ones long gone in a truck somewhere, shipped out a nice blown stroker that was well over 800hp just last month. It was put into a Cadillac! I have one going together right now that is designed for ethanol. It should be about 650hp naturally aspirated. That would be a good one for gm! It should idle around 1000 rpm, and shake the kitchen windows.

That is what I need! A kitchen window shaker is definitely in the cards.