If you read my radiator post you would have seen that I had coolant being pushed out of radiator and I found coolant in #3 cylinder. We thought what we saw was a crack and having a spare head I just got that head back from the shop, bead blasted and resurfaced
However what I did today was install a rubber gasket and a plank of wood over the old head, put nuts and bolts and effectively isolated #3 combustion chamber. I filled it up with solvent and pressurised it through the spark plug hole, I have a good 125 psi going in......Does not appear to be leaking through what I thought was a crack
Now I had the blocked decked and the head resurfaced and the shop that did the work used a copper gasket..... So now all I can be thinking is some how some way cylinder pressure in #3 hole is pushing antifreeze under the gasket
As Mr B suggested im not going to use a copper gasket and I was thinking of using another sealant on head studs
I have a machinist straight edge that I will check the head tomorrow
What im really concerned is it's a block crack. A block crack will devastate me financially as I just had this engine rebuilt and assembled less manifolds water pump and so on
To look for another block after spending what I did for this block (old original block was N/G, I dont even want to think about it
So things can be worse but fingers crossed