Thread: New to the Forum

Hybrid View

I agree with you on the M38 style body.
    I own a Excavating Company and my body guy and I are going to do some horse trading when it comes time to paint, he has a deep orange in mind with a pearl tint and is all pumped up to get it on my body when I decide which one i am getting.
    Have you ever heard of or dealt with Jay at "Willys Overland Motors" in Toledo,Ohio on his Repli-Tub replacement body's?
    Here is the website www.willysoverland.com
    I understrand there is only 1 company that mass produces a replacement steel body for Jeep's and it comes from the Phillipines and the fitment is terrible, but Jay guarantees (after he reworks it) to bolt on in less than an hour.
    I kinda want to stick with steel due to the fact I am going to put swing pedals,tilt wheel and other add-ons and I want to be able to weld or cut on it as I need too, versus a stainless,alluminum or fiberglass body that will have corrosion and or strength issue's associated with them.
    What are your thoughts on this and do you have any other steel body replacement suggestions?
    I am looking for someone that makes a replacement steel body that doesn't have any dash, firewall or floorpan holes cut in it so I don't have to patch up and re-drill new one's where I need them, but as I am finding out that is close to impossible to find one.
    Last edited by TJones; 04-10-2018 at 09:46 AM.