Thread: Original brake lines... can I just flush 'em??

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    If you can rebuild a tranny, the lines will be no trouble. I went with a ready made set. It came with all the clamps, shields and screws. It fit perfectly and required very little bending.
    Is Omix ADA the "best" brand? Seems it's the only brand. When I last worked on my jeep, there weren't half the aftermarket parts available today.

Mark, there is a ton of suppliers out there now. I think you will find there are a few vendors making parts for a lot of suppliers. I have been using Kaiser Willys almost exclusively. Their price is usually very close. If it is not the cheapest, I have had to investigate the quality of the "cheaper" suppliers. I have found that KW's quality is always premium. Their customer service has been phenomenal.

On your brake lines, get the most complete kit you can find. Having the clamps and sleeves and the hardware is nice.

Brake Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J View Post
    Is Omix ADA the "best" brand? Seems it's the only brand. When I last worked on my jeep, there weren't half the aftermarket parts available today.
    I

If I knew then what I know now, I'd prime and paint brake lines before I put them on ...

But they look so nice right before they rust!