Page 198 of 252 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

That is the whole thing, from the shock mounts, cables, power supply stuff and it looks like even parts of a remote control and maybe an interphone. Then you need a full time tech to maintain it .....

But - yeah - it's neat .

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    That is the whole thing, from the shock mounts, cables, power supply stuff and it looks like even parts of a remote control and maybe an interphone. Then you need a full time tech to maintain it .....

But - yeah - it's neat .
    but that is what i did in USMC 2861 senior tech last ten years

It sounds like you definitely need that equipment. Very cool setup that is for sure!

darn thing still loping!!!!
    fuel flow to carb solid, fuel to carb is good thru the pump. only thing it can be is stuck float?? or sticky float?? i think

If it were a stuck float, it would generally stuck open. This would cause the carb to flood, due to the supply of fuel not being shut off to the fuel bowl. A rare possibility would be that the needle and seat are sticking closed. This would cause a fuel starvation problem instead of surge. The next thing to check would be the accelerator pump,(diaphragm) for damage, or plugged.

The platform truck is the M274 Mechanical Mule.

It sure sounds like its going lean. If your sure the fuel pump is up to spec, I wonder if it picked up some dirt? It would be odd that the float suddenly went off on you. I thought it was running well after the new plugs. If the float was suddenly soaking up or filling up with fuel, it would get heavy and flood over. It would be odd to suddenly go lean. Stranger things have happened however! Are you confident the metering rod is functioning correctly? That controls the mid range to full load fuel. On my carb it is a manual set up. I think you might have a vacuum set up. LarrBeard has gone through his YF carb. I think that is what you have. He can help here I'm sure.

Has anyone thought maybe it could be vapor locking?
    Just throwing it out there.

It sure could be. I Think Ira has the original fuel line setup. It routes the line fairly well. It was running well and then started acting up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    It sure could be. I Think Ira has the original fuel line setup. It routes the line fairly well. It was running well and then started acting up on him.

If it is at all close to the exhaust it could very well be heating the line up enough to vaporize the fuel and cause a vapor lock, I would also check the vent in the tank and the fuel cap as well.

Just thinking out loud I guess.
    Last edited by TJones; 10-29-2019 at 09:55 AM.

The stock routing goes across the body to the passenger side frame. From there it travels to the front crossmember, and hangs a left. At the driver's side the fuel line hooks into a shut off, then to the fuel pump. The fuel supply doesn't come close to the exhaust outlet.