Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Hybrid View

Power Connector - Revision A

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    the round aperture that is imbedded on the right front fender behind the firewall?? what was its purpose in life,. i just took mine off and removed the little plate inside and also had it sand blasted
    Of course you find the answer just after you admitted "I dunno ...".

http://www.jeepsurreygala.com/wp-con...7/m38-wire.jpg

The connector goes to the battery post on the starter. It connects directly to the 24-volt point of the electrical system. One connector goes out to the right fender and another goes back aft for radio power.

I am sure that this could be used for both external power for radios and as a jump-start connector.

As you could see on the earlier picture, it sat in a little recess with a capped connector.

Do you have the recessed metal and did any of the three tubs have a connector?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Of course you find the answer just after you admitted "I dunno ...".

http://www.jeepsurreygala.com/wp-con...7/m38-wire.jpg

The connector goes to the battery post on the starter. It connects directly to the 24-volt point of the electrical system. One connector goes out to the right fender and another goes back aft for radio power.

I am sure that this could be used for both external power for radios and as a jump-start connector.

As you could see on the earlier picture, it sat in a little recess with a capped connector.

Do you have the recessed metal and did any of the three tubs have a connector?

got the recessed fixture, in fact had to cut it out of other jeep because i have a new panel and need to put the recess fixture back in again (ugh more welding) but no connectors but then again where in the hell would i get a jump from a 24vdc source