Page 142 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

new topic, gas lines
    metal, or rubber from tank to pump?

Do you need all 4 or do you want 5 and have a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Do you need all 4 or do you want 5 and have a spare?
    i have one good one and that's it need four more
    Last edited by pelago; 03-25-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Metal or Rubber gas lines?

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    new topic, gas lines
    metal, or rubber from tank to pump?
    Metal - more trouble to form and bend, but if you keep water out of the gas, they are a one-time installation. But - rubber is less expensive and a lot easier to put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Metal - more trouble to form and bend, but if you keep water out of the gas, they are a one-time installation. But - rubber is less expensive and a lot easier to put in place.
    all i have seen are preformed short sections of various lines, were i to take a measurement and go to napa: do they make them to custom length Kaiser has a set for 99.00 us dollars and i already have one from pump to carb, just need a line from tank to pump. the photo in kaiser shows multiple lines? to me there should only be two??

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/complet...ts-52-66-m38a1
    Last edited by pelago; 03-25-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Fuel Lines???

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    ... to me there should only be two?? ]
    Are there some vent lines and fording system lines in the set that you really don't need? GMWILLYS ... 'hep us here!

You can make the lines from the stock at NAPA. The amount of lines needed depends if on how you plan to configure, i.e. fuel shut off or not. The kit listed by Kaiser's is correct for the complete fuel system. The Military didn't follow the Civilian routing of going up the driver's frame rail, instead looped around the passenger side then across. The lines go diagonal to the fuel tank to the center of the rear floor riser. Then it goes to a 90 degree fitting that follows the riser to the passenger side frame rail and makes another 90 degree bend towards the front. There is a union just on the front side of the shock mount, then continues on to the front cross member. The fuel line sits on the lip of the cross member, (under the radiator) then makes a 90 degree turn into a rubber braided hose listed below, then to the fuel shut off valve. From the valve, it goes into the fuel pump. You said you already have the fuel pump to carb line. The fuel shut off valve is optional, but recommended, in my opinion.

Included is the diagram for how the fuel lines run. The diagram is at the second to the last on the page. Also there is a descent diagram for the vent lines, and how they run.

http://www.surplusjeep.com/M38A1/m38a1-group_3_fuel.htm

https://quartertonparts.com/products...e-8331933-g758

NAPA should be able to get you the frame clips for the fuel line. If I remember correctly, you need 7 or 8 clips to secure the fuel line.

https://store.midwestmilitary.com/product-p/8329783.htm

If you truly want to have fun, here is a listing for the vent tube lines. We wrote of this some back, and it wasn't needed, but in case you change your mind.

https://www.armyjeepparts.com/p-3621...set-m38a1.aspx
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-25-2019 at 02:25 PM.

cool, and i think i can do this, lot cheaper than 100.00 (i think)
    on another note am watching some two star movie about seals in columbia and lo and behold there are two m38a1's in the movie COOL BEANS

Pick you up a double flair tool, and a tubing cutter, and you can make any line you want from scratch. Buy some of the longer sticks of tubing from NAPA, and some extra fitting ends, and you'll be set. I would recommend buying a descent quality tubing bender. That will make you look like a pro.

lots of people indicate that a rubber connection between fuel line (steel) and the actual pump (6" or so) is needed for vibration? that correct?