Thread: 1951 Willys Pick Up

Hybrid View

Well, today I attached the transmission to the engine. My question is can you put the clutch rod operating fork in after the transmission is on?
    Also, where do you guys have the negative cable bolted on? Mine didn't have one when I got it so I just bolted it to the head right below the carburetor. It wasn't long enough to really bolt it to to many places. I think it's 17inches long.

Negative battery cable

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.. View Post
    Well, today I attached the transmission to the engine. My question is can you put the clutch rod operating fork in after the transmission is on?
    Also, where do you guys have the negative cable bolted on? Mine didn't have one when I got it so I just bolted it to the head right below the carburetor. It wasn't long enough to really bolt it to to many places. I think it's 17inches long.
    It is best of you can bolt it to the block. There is usually a boss with a threaded hole just behind the generator. That was the original place. If you can get it under one of the bolts holding the starter to the bell housing, that gives a good return for starter current. Use as heavy a cable as you can afford, 12-volt parts store cables are really too small.