Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1956 Willys Wagon Chassis available

1956 Willys Wagon Chassis available

I have a 56 Willys Wagon Chassis I am looking to get rid of. Any suggestions on what it is worth?

Has the Super Hurricane engine. Currently runs and drives.

Chassis only; bumper to bumper.

If interested, I can be reached at 870-497-0667.
    (sorry for image rotation, when attached, it rotates to position seen??)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where you located jbrewington?
    It’s pretty nice, are you keeping the body and just selling the chassis or are you selling it complete?

Welcome Jbrewington,

With a running and driving chassis, I would ask around $1,000 to $1,500, depending on the condition of the drive train and the frame rails. You will likely find someone who would be interested in the engine, but not the rest or vise versa. If I were to not know anything about condition, I would offer $800 sight un-seen mainly for spares for my wagon. Not to low ball you, but that's were I would start.... I need more parts like I need more holes bored in my head. But as you post some more pictures, we can have a discussion. Arkansas isn't a far piece from here.

Jb you may want to list it here.

https://willysforsale.com/

I am keeping the body for an offroad build I am doing. Selling the chassis; bumper to bumper. Plans are to pull the body this week.

Thank you for your feedback. Once I pull the body I will post pictures of chassis and drivetrain. Thanks again.

Which piece gets the serial/vin number?
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

The body is pretty easy to remove, even if you do not have a fancy automotive lift or a bunch of friends. It looks like you have all the needed tooling, so you'll have a breeze of a good time.

The serial number for the body is the most important aspect for licensing through DMVs. The frame serial number is hit or miss on most variances through Willys history. You can legally swap a chassis of your choice and make what you like.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 10-13-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    The body is pretty easy to remove, even if you do not have a fancy automotive lift or a bunch of friends. It looks like you have all the needed tooling, so you'll have a breeze of a good time.

The serial number for the body is the most important aspect for licensing through DMVs. The frame serial number is hit or miss on most variances through Willys history. You can legally swap a chassis of your choice and make what you like.

I pulled the chassis out from under mine today. Moved the body over to the ton chassis.....

Looking good! Way easier to use a two post lift then what I've done. The chassis looks like it fits really well in the width.