Thread: New guy from CT- 1960 DJ3A resto with my 18year old son

New guy from CT- 1960 DJ3A resto with my 18year old son

Hi all,

New here but not new to jeeps or fixing old stuff. I have an 85 CJ7 that is a sunny day driver and a host of other 30+ year old mechanical stuff…. MY son is finishing high school and for his senior project he is going to fix this thing up with my help. We just bought this on FB marketplace for $2500 and we are going to fix it up one way or another. Its definitely a DJ because it has the doors cut down to the floor and a rear fuel tank but I am confused because its been converted to 4x4. Will start another thread asking for help identifying things but glad to be here!

305575FD-0560-4317-91A9-7259192F0FB5.jpg

Thanks- Ben (in CT)

Welcome Ben!!!
    Glad to have you on here, you came to the right place. The 3 leaders (Larrbeard,bmorgil, and gmwillys) will have a answer to just about any questions or problem you may have on you and you Sons project.
    You outta be proud, teach them young!!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 08-31-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Great plan for a project with your son! We are looking forward to some more pictures to see what you have found.

Add: I just spotted your gallery post. Nice find! https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...hp?albumid=171
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-31-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks!

Kid learned to weld at age 8 so he’s doing well for a kid esp these days. Makes up for what he doesnt know with hard work. Proud dad!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Great plan for a project with your son! We are looking forward to some more pictures to see what you have found.

Add: I just spotted your gallery post. Nice find! https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...hp?albumid=171
    Yes- working on uploading and figuring this site out. Thanks for posting it here.

That’s great!!!
    You should be a Proud Dad!!!
    Be patient he’ll come around
    My son was 18 when I hired him and evidently he thought 10-10:30 was starting time instead of 6:30 AM
    But he came around, it took 3 firings but he caught on!!!