Page 137 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

You are correct on the first two items pictured. They mount the passenger seat to the top of the tool box, along the front lip. The second piece looks like the windshield lock latch, for the center of the windshield, and connects to the loop mounted to the hood. The last pieces are a puzzle to me. The third item and the fourth go together, but I can't picture in my mind to where they went. The fifth piece in my opinion is the windshield mounts for the soft top rods. The rods mount to the inside of the windshield, at the upper corners of the frame. The last piece looks to be the rear view mirror bracket

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/diagram...ew-52-71-m38a1

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modul...wtopic&p=61739
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-11-2019 at 01:23 PM.

this is a neat one.. and the sort of thing that makes one groan

hinge.jpg

these cost fifty bucks each, no way around it, unless you are creative in casting and welding and then it will cost more than what you needed to spend, i got two of them and yeah they fit and will work, but the bolt size is 7 fuXXing gook metric BS, 7gd MM... so okay for that but surprise surprise surprise (some jim nabors in there) 5/16 X 18 tap will weed out the oriental crap and allow for a #8 bolt instead of the zinch chromate rust master that i had selected at first

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    You are correct on the first two items pictured. They mount the passenger seat to the top of the tool box, along the front lip. The second piece looks like the windshield lock latch, for the center of the windshield, and connects to the loop mounted to the hood. The last pieces are a puzzle to me. The third item and the fourth go together, but I can't picture in my mind to where they went. The fifth piece in my opinion is the windshield mounts for the soft top rods. The rods mount to the inside of the windshield, at the upper corners of the frame. The last piece looks to be the rear view mirror bracket

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/diagram...ew-52-71-m38a1

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modul...wtopic&p=61739
    hmm looking at photo further on page looks like top bow mount? in that case i have only one??

WS_Rod_socket.sized.jpg

looks like a jeep.jpglooks like a jeepII.jpg

holy willys batman it looks like a jeep

7mm my dieing butt

I agree, no metric on the A1. Good job In getting it straightened out.

The original four machine screw holding the hinge on (lower) were 5/16X24 with a reverse knurled top portion to keep it from un screwing. WTH i was able to remove the hold down on all nuts and changed them all out for 5/16X18 which is a hell of a lot more practical, and took a punch and hit all four nuts were metal met metal and they aint gonna vibrate out. lot of respect for these engineers back in 40's and 5's but 5/16X24 and left hand lug bolts on drivers side of car. naaaaah dont think so

I like to watch these kids trying to figure out left handed threads. I am often amazed by the feats of the engineers during the war. Singer sewing machines, IH, and a few others cranked out M1 Garands, and Ford cranked out B24s by the hundreds. All using blue prints and a slide rule.

STILL HAVE MY OLE SLIDE RULE, SOMETIMES FASTER FOR ME THAT A TEXAS iNTRUTMENT CALCULATOR THIS COUNTRY SENT MEN TO THE MOON USING A SLIDE RULE

And now the engineers tell us that the computer said it would fit. More often then not, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    and now the engineers tell us that the computer said it would fit. More often then not, it doesn't.

bingo.......................