Page 136 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Body work is a fine art. It is the one process that either have a good day at it or everything turns to crap. Humidity and other environmental will screw with the filler as in how long it takes to cure. The 3M stuff is good, and it isn't much more expensive than the pink Bondo. Take your time, and you'll be alright!

your corners gorped up also... seems to be popular to beat up corners

The problem is that there is nothing at the sides or the rear to protect the body.

The left rear was pushed in, then over towards the center line. The frame cross member was broken behind the bumperette. The quarter actually popped out fairly easily. I invested in a stud welder to help with the process. It works by welding a bunch of studs along the valley of the dent. Then you attach a slide puller on the studs, slapping a couple of wacks each. As the dent is coming out, run a flat body hammer to tap the high parts next to the dent to help relax the steel back into place. The stud gun worked great, but the slide hammer was cheap. It was a $99 harbor freight special.

https://www.harborfreight.com/stud-w...kit-61433.html

The pictures are of the before and after, minus the picture of a parachute failure on the first one. The last picture was of the final product, after the A1 was all done and back home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-09-2019 at 06:51 AM.

since i am convinced that this jeep was a radio jeep, i have two of the four holes for antenna on drivers side rear, but only two? but do have original connector for power and four holes in top for mount

https://craftsmancapitol.com/product...R08oNfETQFNHQM
    Last edited by pelago; 03-09-2019 at 11:15 AM.

VRC- 43 Antenna Matching Network

" ... but do have original connector for power and four holes in top for mount "

I don't remember everything about the sheet metal mounting bracket, but I believe that the actual antenna mounted on the top of an antenna matching network that had two connectors on its bottom. One connector was RF to and from the radio, the other was a control cable that switched different matching networks depending on radio tuning. There was probably just a clearance hole in the body for the cables to pass through.

Mx-6707

Google "MX-6707 for more than you really wanted to know about the antenna mount. I forgot it had a switch on its base as well.

The mount backer for the antenna had the four mount holes on the left rear quarter panel, then the mount wrapped around an was mounted with two bolts directly to the left of the trailer plug. Chief is correct in saying that the single hole was the antenna harness pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Google "MX-6707 for more than you really wanted to know about the antenna mount. I forgot it had a switch on its base as well.
    bet i mounted a jillion 6707's in my lifetime 32 to 75mhz, pretty good tuner

WELL WHAT NEXT, SEATS, RIMS, TIRES?? My milk crate aint really working too well, yeah can back up some but when i push the brake the crate goes back instead of brake being depressed, but at least the steering wheel dont come off that easily. and the tires on it sort of hold air, sort of anyway. or maybe some glass for windshield, or say wth and start wet sanding and let heavy decisions form as dust flies
    Last edited by pelago; 03-10-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Yeah - Wet Sand

[QUOTE start wet sanding and let heavy decisions form as dust flies[/QUOTE]

Yeah - that's kind of like cutting grass or fishin' - time to think.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    [QUOTE start wet sanding and let heavy decisions form as dust flies
    Yeah - that's kind of like cutting grass or fishin' - time to think.[/QUOTE]

makes sense, and yeah getting kind of pooped, been hitting this thing pretty hard now for three months straight, did manage to get the windshield sort of on, need some more darned nuts and bolts, something new, need 5 1/16 X 18 various lengths. changed the mounting hardware for hinges to 5/16 X 18 mostly, did manage to get two machine screws orignal one in and then since i had changed the drivers side brace had to actually put a nut on inside and lock it in same with drivers side one original and rest 5/16X 18 with nuts and locking washers and some loc tite, (what the heck). going to take the frame to a glass house and just ask them if they can split it like original with some of the magic stuff they use. am hopefull because the split is not steel but rubber

WHEN I WAS TEARING THESE RUSTED HULLS DOWN I WOULD REMOVE A PART AND THROW IN A BOX, PUT IN A BLAST CABINET AND CLEAN UP AND PRIME, THEN SORT OF FORGOT THEM.. NOW TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I HAVE

PIECES AND PARTS2.jpg

First photo is passenger side mounts for what i feel are the bows. now the center one am 99% sure it is right spot, (can not go anywhere else) but the outside two, both bolted to side , did i get em reversed? can not id with photos on internet, too blury, too small, what have you, are they correct?

next photo show a collection of pieces and parts. far left am pretty sure they deal with passenger seat. a latch? but for what windshield, got two now not sure i need a 3rd, then a pair of brackets?? next, no freakin idea?? last on right bracket for light in grill??

PIECES ANDS PARTS.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 03-10-2019 at 10:45 PM.