Thread: First Willys

First Willys

Good Afternoon,

I've recently acquired my first Willys. 1946 CJ2A SN:55351. Looking forward to restoring this one. It runs and drives but still needs a lot of TLC and I plan to take it down to the frame eventually. I know there is plenty of knowledge here and appreciate any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Great '46 CJ-2A

It looks like you have found a diamond - and it's not still a dirty rock!

You may find surprises as you take it apart - but it looks like you have a lot more to work with than many of us started with.

Ask for help. Ask for advice. It's free and worth every penny you will spend on it (..) We will probably learn a few things as we watch you work through it.

Post a lot of pictures as you go.

(Here is a typical starting place)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 10-10-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Nice find! Its in great shape. The P.T.O. looks to be in tact. Some great stuff on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    It looks like you have found a diamond - and it's not still a dirty rock!

You may find surprises as you take it apart - but it looks like you have a lot more to work with than many of us started with.

Ask for help. Ask for advice. It's free and worth every penny you will spend on it (..) We will probably learn a few things as we watch you work through it.

Post a lot of pictures as you go.

(Here is a typical starting place)
    Thank you! I'm sure I'll need lots of help.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Nice find! Its in great shape. The P.T.O. looks to be in tact. Some great stuff on that one.
    Thank you! I've been pleasantly surprised with the condition so far and was very happy with the PTO. I have verified it is still operational as well. Looking forward to digging in.

The PTO is one thing to have, but the guard that is in one piece is unheard of. The body looks very original, considering the single brake light, and the lack of modifications. Very nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    The PTO is one thing to have, but the guard that is in one piece is unheard of. The body looks very original, considering the single brake light, and the lack of modifications. Very nice find!
    Thank you! I'm glad you mentioned the guard, I didn't know that was a hard to find part, I'll make sure to ensure it stays in good shape.

All of the guards, especially if the guard under the vehicle is still there. On mine that guard was the only thing left of the PTO. I sold it for a good price.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-12-2022 at 11:54 AM.