Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Insane, absolutely insane!

Finally caught up on your build. Wow. This is a good'n. Horse traders association approved!!! I make only one addition to the commentary. I'm highly skeptical of anyone with that many wires attached to a 55gal drum or whatever table in the workshop. I mean, suppose they show that to all the customers? I hope you get yours rolling under power soon looks fantastic so far

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Finally caught up on your build. Wow. This is a good'n. Horse traders association approved!!! I make only one addition to the commentary. I'm highly skeptical of anyone with that many wires attached to a 55gal drum or whatever table in the workshop. I mean, suppose they show that to all the customers? I hope you get yours rolling under power soon looks fantastic so far

The anticipation is killing me 5jeepsaz, I really don’t want to push him but come on already let’s getter fired up

I understand now what you guys were talking about as far as records or lack there of by Willy's.

Our title bureaus just opened yesterday so I went up today to get my title transferred so I could apply for "Histerical Plates" and the guy at the counter in a muffled voice "under his mask" said, WE HAVE A PROBLEM...... I'm thinking now what, he said the VIN # on your 1952-M38 serial #70999 we ran, came up as a 1946 CJ-2A and he said that's a problem......After about a hour, with him in the back room with the supervisor he came out and said we'll see what we can do and, WALLA I left with a title.

He made the comment "I am not sure how this company stayed in business the way they kept records" and I chuckled to myself thinking of the horror stories I read on here from you guys.

VIN COnfusion

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    I understand now what you guys were talking about as far as records or lack there of by Willy's.

Our title bureaus just opened yesterday so I went up today to get my title transferred so I could apply for "Histerical Plates" and the guy at the counter in a muffled voice "under his mask" said, WE HAVE A PROBLEM...... I'm thinking now what, he said the VIN # on your 1952-M38 serial #70999 we ran, came up as a 1946 CJ-2A and he said that's a problem......After about a hour, with him in the back room with the supervisor he came out and said we'll see what we can do and, WALLA I left with a title.

He made the comment "I am not sure how this company stayed in business the way they kept records" and I chuckled to myself thinking of the horror stories I read on here from you guys.
    Most records agree that if he had really been looking at a civilian serial number, 70999 would have been a late 46 CJ-2A. But... it isn't a civilian serial number, it's a military number. This time the problem wasn't Willys'. The M38 70999 S/N would not have been moved over to the civilian DMV records in most places. BUT... you ended up with a title.

Never try to explain anything to a DMV clerk if things seem to be going along in the direction you want them to. An hour is a short time to wait in a DMV office. Declare a victory and move on to the next challenge. Congratulations - at least they didn't accuse you of stealing government property!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Most records agree that if he had really been looking at a civilian serial number, 70999 would have been a late 46 CJ-2A. But... it isn't a civilian serial number, it's a military number. This time the problem wasn't Willys'. The M38 70999 S/N would not have been moved over to the civilian DMV records in most places. BUT... you ended up with a title.

Never try to explain anything to a DMV clerk if things seem to be going along in the direction you want them to. An hour is a short time to wait in a DMV office. Declare a victory and move on to the next challenge. Congratulations - at least they didn't accuse you of stealing government property!

My biggest fear wasn’t the title it was the notary stamp, the Bride is a notary so I stamped it at the office with her stamp (name and all) and brought it home and asked her to sign it and she said she’s not allowed by law to notarize anything that she could gain from , that’s when I panicked!!!!
    So I took it across the street to a buddy plumber and his secretary stamped right over the Brides stamp and signed it and the DMV clerk was more worried about the serial number than 2 stamps it went right through.
    Must be living right or someone is watching after me or both!!!

So you drove ..... What ... To the dMv?

Seems that everybody with an old Jeep has a story like this. They should make a separate category for Jeeps older than 1970. Oh, hell give us $100, here's your tag and get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    So you drove ..... What ... To the dMv?
    I drove my pickup 5JeepsAz, my Jeep is still at my buddy’s getting wired.

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    Seems that everybody with an old Jeep has a story like this. They should make a separate category for Jeeps older than 1970. Oh, hell give us $100, here's your tag and get out of here.
    It’s a adventure that’s for sure!!!