Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing some research on a 1963 wagoneer for a book

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    From the Urban Dictionary;

Ginger
    A legendary race believed to have descended from Prometheus himself, the bringer of fire. Some believe that the first Ginger was in fact the flame that Prometheus handed down to the human race that fateful day. Regardless, since that day, all Gingers have had the fire of Prometheus coursing through their veins, scorching their hair bright red, charring their skin into what are commonly mistaken for freckles when the fire strays too close to the surface. While most myths surrounding the mysterious Ginger people are fabricated, some come quite close to the truth. While it is true that Gingers lack what can be considered a truly human soul, what most people don't realize is that all Gingers have been graced with the infinitely more powerful spirit of the gods. It is for this reason that the human race has so discriminated against the Ginger people. Somewhere buried deep in their subconscious is the knowledge that they will never live up to the glory and power of their Ginger counterparts and thus, like everything that threatens the ego of the human race, they beat down and attempt to humiliate them into submission. But there will come a time when all those blessed with the fire of the gods in their veins will rise up and right all wrongs in the world and bring peace and harmony to all.
    Oh, I like that one even more! ^_^

Doc Dana? Doesn't ring any bells

LarrBeard is a Senior Chief, US Navy. He is using code.

Doc Dana - an Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolocks View Post
    Doc Dana? Doesn't ring any bells
    A. For a long time, Dana and Spicer were intertwined corporate entities - it was hard for we outsiders to know just who was who.

B. BMorgil, in his humility, neglects to mention that at one time he was at the head of the competitive products division - say NASCAR tech rep - of Spicer (a Dana entity in some way). He knows just about everything automotive and everyone who matters.

C. Because of his vast knowledge and his professional background, I've dubbed him "Doc Dana" here in the group. It just has a ring to it.

He's probably going to bend me a new axle for telling tales on him.

Larry! You are only supposed to give out my Name, Rank and Serial number! Oh, I don't have a Rank or a Serial number.

For the record, I was not the "Head" of a Division. I wish. There are a few who would have been handed walking papers! I did have a lot of titles with Dana/Spicer. I was at one time the Technical Manager for the Spicer Motorsports Team. We were very active with NASCAR. I did get to interact with about every form of racing that used a driveshaft or axle. I worked with some fantastic people.

I know very little but learn more everyday. I have lost my hair. It's color is immaterial.

I'm grinning ear to ear. Story time for Jeep heads devolves into raucousness galore. We need next installment. I mean, what happens to these people, err, whatever's? I mean what is this Jeep gonna do to save the poor bastards from themselves? Thatscthe moral of every Jeep story right? It gets you home? Please tell me this doesn't end with some non jeep approved "and it got parked in a garage and lived happier than ever after bs nonsense?!? What role does the jeep play? If you've got cyborgs, why isn't the jeep in charge of them . My gawd man. Details!!!

The country suffered an EMP attack which knocked out all electronics and the old jeeps were the only thing that would run.

EMP Attack

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    The country suffered an EMP attack which knocked out all electronics and the old jeeps were the only thing that would run.
    In another lifetime I had to deal with hardening military electronic systems from EMP attacks as well as other nasty stuff like "neutron fluence" and "gamma dot" effects. After the Elbonians (characters from Dilbert) set off their nasty A-bomb in the ionosphere, Old Jeeps will rule when all the computers get fired.

And so there it is. The single most important consideration for the frequent question, should I leave it points or change it to electronic ignition?

I might be a bit old fashioned, but I'll keep my points. A spare condenser, a match book and a screw driver is all you need to fix most points issues on the side of the road. Just for good measure an extra set of points isn't a bad thing to have an extra of in the tool box under the passenger seat.