Page 250 of 252 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

That is very impressive gunsmithing.

UPDATE ON WINDSHIELD WIPERS
    Broke down and got a vacuum meter. coming off the "T" that joins the fuel pump vacuum and the intake manifold vacuum I had 20inches of vacuum (mike at Kaiser said it needs twenty inches to run") then it went to a off/on switch. at the engine side of the switch got 20 inches, at the other side going to the actual motors got less than 14inches. have found a new switch (lousy 28 bucks) waiting to see. if still does not work then back to Kaiser it goes. according to Mike at kaiser that is not enought to run motors

ww1.jpg

I can tell you mine runs very fast with 20 and pretty good still at 16. About as fast as a 70's car on slow, with the motor at idle. I think 20 is a bunch. It should have no trouble running at 20 inches of mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I can tell you mine runs very fast with 20 and pretty good still at 16. About as fast as a 70's car on slow, with the motor at idle. I think 20 is a bunch. It should have no trouble running at 20 inches of mercury.

damn.... guess got to try the brake fluid lube then

Hoping this gets solved. I was watching a YouTube resto, reminded of the very beginning parts of this build. The guy goes to fix one thing and three other things need fixed. would be nice to see it work out easily this time for Magoo, given the distance covered so far

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Hoping this gets solved. I was watching a YouTube resto, reminded of the very beginning parts of this build. The guy goes to fix one thing and three other things need fixed. would be nice to see it work out easily this time for Magoo, given the distance covered so far
    if you might be a betting man, then cover my bet. IT WILL WORK, not so sure how it is gonna get fixed, but its gonna. i sent one motor in to kaiser and they supposedly rebuilt it, but it dont move period. that one will go back to them. they have always stood behind their products and work and i have no doubt that they will back it up

going back in time, the hardest thing is started with was getting 70yr old bolts free, Many times i said "what in the heck have you gotten yourself into" when i said the hell with getting them free and just cut the buggers off things got somewhat easier. but then again the total rebuild all came down to one thing and one thing only. IT WAS ONE BOLT AND NUT AT A TIME, NO MORE NO LESS
    Last edited by pelago; 08-16-2020 at 01:46 PM.

It seems like you are having a productive day modifying this car. I really hope that it will work since this project have kept you busy for a long time.

IT WAS ONE BOLT AND NUT AT A TIME, NO MORE NO LESS

A spin on your whole thread here. version of this I heard growing up was "touch it once". Then later in life "Do the right thing, do the thing right" is one I heard in the 1990's. Then I got my vintage vehicle and forgot everything. The number of things I did *** backwards is shameful. But this gem of your wisdom helps "keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down". One bolt at a time, no more, no less! I sure hope the darn thing works, we need wiper washers in these times to see clearly what lies ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by 5jeepsaz View Post
    it was one bolt and nut at a time, no more no less

a spin on your whole thread here. Version of this i heard growing up was "touch it once". Then later in life "do the right thing, do the thing right" is one i heard in the 1990's. Then i got my vintage vehicle and forgot everything. The number of things i did *** backwards is shameful. But this gem of your wisdom helps "keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down". One bolt at a time, no more, no less! I sure hope the darn thing works, we need wiper washers in these times to see clearly what lies ahead!
    thanks.
    Oneof the reasons i want the wipers other than the fact it came with them and the darn things worked once, is that i am putting full top sides and doors on the jeep. That way can have my buddy jake go with me fishing or whatever without putting a harness on him and tying his butt down. Full doors should do that
    top1.jpg 70LBS.jpg

Man that is a super nice representation of times gone by! Nice M38A1 Ira!

Now are you telling me that big boy wont sit right in the back off your right shoulder? That would be a good spot for a Wing-man. He would have your 3 and your 6.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-21-2020 at 11:29 AM.