Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member, Southern Cal. cj2a-47

Wink New Member, Southern Cal. cj2a-47

Hello my name is Jim Allen out here west in North San Diego California. Hobbies are coin collecting, fishing, exploring and now working on my 1947 cj2a Willy's jeep. With Eastern Sierra mountain range's 5 hrs north and the Anza-Borrego Desert 2 hrs east, a retired man who just turned sixty, needs a jeep. Exploring the hard to get-to fishing hole, old ghost towns, gold mines of the Sierra and endless trails in the desert in someone else's jeep has come to an end, but was fun. My search goes way back, many years, for the right flat fender. Patience paid off when I found my cj2a on a 125 acre ranch just 15 miles away. A retired doctor, whos wife, wanted him to downsize his fleet. Barn kept, all original ranch jeep in mint condition with all the paperwork. 8500 miles on the odom and the "Go Devil" purrs like a cat. Already working with Kaiser to get the must have's. All military tires and rims around and cleaning up the trim. Kaiser Willy's have been great and best of all, reasonable. Look forward to being a member of the forum. From what I have read, the jeep pro's and enthusiast's can be a great learning tool to educate me on this fun jeep adventure. Respectively, Jim Allen

Wow, Great Start!

Quote Originally Posted by Jallen1795 View Post
    Barn kept, all original ranch jeep in mint condition with all the paperwork. 8500 miles on the odom and the "Go Devil" purrs like a cat. Allen
    This sounds like a "Sea Story" or a "Fairy Tale". Nobody gets to start put with a Jeep this nice.

We gotta see pictures to prove this story.

(Welcome to the group ...)

Gotta agree with Larry! You have one of those "You'll never believe what I found" things!

Keep it maintained by the book and it will keep going and going and......

OMG Jim the anticipation is killing us with your barn find with only 8,500 miles on it, I'm with Bob it most definitely is one of those "You'll never believe what i found"
    Post some pictures of your Jeep when you can!!!

Welcome Jim Allen,

Looks like patients has paid off! Great find! We look forward to seeing some pictures of your find, so we can all be a bit green with envy.

So far it's just written words. I need proof.
    "Options are for girls"

Gentlemen, thanks for the welcome mat. I stand corrected, my odometer reads 7292 miles. Whoops!! Will post pictures asap and share. I recently blew a head gasket zipping through my little town. I had to lay out a tactical smoke screen in my towns main intersection. To funny!! I guess the best place to post pics are in restoration projects?? Any suggestions?Haven't researched it yet. Anyway thanks for the helpful advice in support. Much appreciated. Jim

It reads like the Go Devil purrs no longer. Moderator won't mind if you post pix here, right?
    What part of North County? Or send a PM
    Last edited by scoutingranch; 01-05-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    "Options are for girls"

She will be purring again soon, already to install gasket. Waiting anxiously for ups to deliver parts. . I live up here in North San Diego County in Vista. Between Oceanside & Escondido. I think you can find it with google earth by the white smoke I left behind. Funny!!! Will post my best picture next to my name. Good Sunday to you all.

Sooo, that was you smokin' up things. I thought I saw something in the distance as I exited Catalina Ave on to Foothill. My buddy lives at the base of the foothills.
    "Options are for girls"